So I have tried on various occasions to come up with a perfect chocolate sponge cake. One that can make hearts melt and mouth water.
And at last I managed to make the miracle happen.
So this is what my perfect sponge cake looked like.
I realized that right amount of fresh cream + right amount of eggs = perfect sponge cake
Now I wanted to push my luck further and decided to go with creating a ganache icing for the cake and ended up with another star on my shoulder.
When I look at my own creation, I can’t help but feel proud.
Here is the recipe for the cake and ganache:
- 450 ml fresh cream
- 50 ml Liquid glucose
- 250 ml dark chocolate
- Sugar to taste (only if you chocolate does not have sugar)
- In a deep pan, mix cream and glucose till the mixture comes to boil.
- Add sugar in the mixture and take it off the heat.
- Pour the cream mixture on the chocolate and mix till the chocolate has melted and texture of the mixture is nice, glossy and chocolaty. (yummy)
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator to set.
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 250 ml sugar (make powder of the sugar once you have measured it)
- 250 ml all purpose flour
- 5 tbsp good quality cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- one tsp vanilla essence
- one tsp baking powder
- one pinch salt
- one pinch baking soda (soda bi-carb)
- Put the oven to preheat on 200 degree
- In a bowl mix cream, sugar, eggs, and vanilla essence. Whisk the mixture till sugar grains have melted.
- In another bowl mix flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix the dry mixture well
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture (cream mixture). Mix the mixture well.
- Pour the mixture in a greased cake mould and put it in the oven for close to 45 min or till well cooked.
- Set the oven to 180 degree
- Once your cake is done, take it out of the oven and keep it to cool.
- When it has cooled down, cut the cake from middle.
- apply a generous helping of Ganache.
- Place the top cover and apply another coat of Ganache.
- Make swirls on the top with the help of your finger and lick the left over ganache off your fingers
Tadda….. Your cake is ready 🙂