When I think about baking, the name cookies give me fright. I was under the impression that cookies require more of baking knowledge and a perfect combination of oven temperature and cookie batter.
But being the stubborn idiot that I am, I decided to catch this cookie bull by its horn. And to my surprise, I learned that cookies are easier and less time consuming than my beloved cakes. The feeling was of pure ecstasy when in front of me was a jar full of crispy, yummy cookies waiting to be eaten.
Here is my story (read ingredients and method) of success
- 125 gm unsalted butter
- 85 gm powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 125 gm all purpose floor
- 1 tbs dark coco powder (even normal coco powder will do)
- Few chocolate chips for decoration
- Put your oven on a pre heat on 180° C
- In bowl mix butter, sugar and vanilla essence till sugar has been mixed and mixture turns a little fluffy.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and mix into dough.
- Make small balls, of around one tsp quantity, of cookie balls.
- Place it on greased baking plate and press them slightly to give a flatter shape.
- Place a chocolate chip of your liking on the top for decoration; you can do without them as well if you want.
- Put the tray in the pre heated oven for 12-15 min
- Take them out, and let them cool. Cookies will be moist when you take them out of oven, you need not worry because they will grow hard and crispy as they cool down.
Your cookies are ready to be consumed by the cookie monster living inside each one of us 🙂
Happy munching and share your experiance with me, so I know how you liked them 😉