Sometimes my love for coffee and chocolate gets into a war, and it becomes impossible for me to take sides.
So call it peace between the two, I decided to make a fusion cake this weekend. Result was a harmonious Coffee Choco Chip Cake. Here is the recipe of peace.
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbs diluted coffee (see notes to know why diluted)
- 1 tsp chocolate essence
- a pinch cinnamon (See notes to know why cinnamon)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbs kahlua and bailey’s cream
- handful of chocolate chips (dark, milk or white)
- Preheat the oven on 200° C
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a bowl, sugar, fresh cream, eggs, essence, coffee. Add a pinch of cinnamon to the same. Beat the mixture till it is a little fluffy. Since its a tea cake, we are not trying to make it soft and fluffy.
- Sieve the dry ingredients together, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Add the mixture in the wet ingredients in small portions.
- Mix the batter till all the lumps are gone
- Add choco chips to the mixture, and slowly mix it to the batter
- Grease the baking tin and dust it with flour
- Add alcohol to the mixture and mix it well, and pour the mixture in the baking tin
- Put the batter for baking in the over, on 180° C, for 30-40 min or till well baked.
Take the cake out of oven, cut into small pieces and enjoy it till it’s still hot 🙂
Note: The reason why I have added diluted coffee is because I feel that diluted coffee gives more flavor of coffee than adding coffee in powdered form. A pinch of Cinnamon gives the dish an earthier flavor and enhances the richness of coffee. This of course is just my opinion.