There are times when we wish to eat something yummy, something soulful and sinful. But we don’t really feel like going into the long lengthy preparations. Those are the times when our lazy self overtakes the chef side of us and we either stick to something not so amazing for our taste buds, or we switch to something that can be eaten in three easy steps of pick the packet, cut the packet and eat.
If only there was something like taste quick fixes.
I have one for me. Now I’m not saying that what I make is something that is as tasty as a gourmet meal well prepared, but it sure is something that makes me happy and keeps me away from those packet munchies.
One of my quick recipes is called 5 min corn-peas.
It’s basically a corn and pea salad, which taste best when served hot.
This is how the yumminess looks like, very colorful, just how I like it.
- Small bowl of corn ears
- Small bowl of peas
- One small tomato finally chopped
- One small cube of butter (optional)
- Dried Italian herbs (Parsley and Basil are my fav choice)
- Chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper
- In a microwave safe oven, put corn ears and peas and fill the container till the contents are submerged in water.
- Put the dish in microwave for 5-6 min to boil, settings would depend on your microwave. On general I put the content on micro high as per my microwave.
- Once our corns and peas are boiled as per our liking, take the container out of microwave and drain the water out.
- Add chopped tomato, Italian herbs, chili flakes, salt and pepper as per our taste and liking.
- Add the butter on top; if you’re on a diet you can skip this step.
- And lightly mix the ingredients till all is mixed and butter has melted.
Your quick fix of corn peas salad is ready and warm to be consumed.
P.S. – This is one healthy dish